Regional Program 2019-20
Lower Mainland Trial Registration: August 30 – September 11, 2019
Island Trial Registration: September 18 – October 2, 2019
*Registration opens and closes at NOON on the dates listed above
See Trials & Tournaments for trial dates, times and location by region.
See Training Schedules for training schedule by region (coming soon!)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Lower Mainland (Vancouver/North Shore and all regions south and south-east of Vancouver)
Regional Program Levy
$600-700 for 40-hour program: field time, coach & manager honouraria, regional tournament, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri clothing, and education.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.
$400-500 for 20-hour program
- Target 40 hours from November to April
- Team Preparation and tactical strategies
- Fitness training, functional movement education, sport science
- Game play
- Competition: Regional Tournament (spring)
- Preparation for Provincial Selection
This program is for athletes focused on continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development and participation in the spring Tournament.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3 day Regional Tournament (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability). The T2C Tournament runs from Friday morning to Sunday evening which may require leave from school.
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U18 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
SELECTIONS – Male U18 Train 2 Compete Team BC 2019
Teams of 16 players (including Goal Keeper). Reserve players participate in training only, unless called up to replace an injured BC athlete.
- 30 hours training May-July (see Training Schedules)
- India Club Tournament
- U18 National Championship Tournament (Tournament Schedule)
- Kukri gear for training and tournament
- April 17 selections announced
- April 24 payment due
- June 20-23 India Club Tournament, Surrey
- July 4-8 U18 National Championship Tournament, Surrey, BC
$1650 per Team BC athlete
$560 per Reserve player
Questions? Contact the Athlete Program Manager.