2019-20 REGIONAL PROGRAM
Island Trial Registration: September 18 – October 2, 2019
Southeast Trial Registration: October 9-23, 2019
Northwest Trial Registration: October 16-30, 2019
Interior Trial Registration: December 11, 2019 – January 8, 2020
*Registration opens and closes at NOON on the dates listed above
See Trials & Tournaments for trial dates, times and location by region.
See Training Schedules for training schedule by region (coming soon!)
FHBC Regional Training Hubs:
- Interior (Okanagan & Kootenays)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Richmond, Surrey, etc.)
Regional Program Levy
$600-700 for 30-40 hour program: field time, coach & manager honouraria, regional tournament, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri clothing, and education.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.
$400-500 for 20-hour program
- Technical skills development
- Fitness training
- Fun game play during the FHBC Regional Festival (spring)
- Selection to Provincial Program
This program is for athletes interested in continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development from November – April and participation in a fun spring Festival.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3 to 4-day Regional Festival (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability). This is the selection point for Team BC.
- Participation in the Regional Festival is mandatory for provincially-eligible athletes
- leave from school may be required
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U15 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections to Team BC are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
Team BC (Spring/Summer)
Athletes are selected from the Regional Program.
Teams of 16 players (including Goal Keeper). Reserve players participate in training only, unless called up to replace an injured BC athlete.
- 30 hours training May-July
- India Club Tournament (June)
- U15 National Championship Tournament (Tournament Schedule)
- Kukri training uniform
Key Dates in 2019
- April: Regional Tournament (selection point) see Trials & Tournaments
- May: Team BC selections announced
- May: Mainland Fitness Testing & Education
- May: Island Fitness Testing & Education
- June: India Club Tournament, Surrey (may exclude Island teams)
- July: U15 National Championship Tournament
$2600 per Team BC athlete (Rams/Lions)
$2555 per Team BC athlete (Stags)
$550 per reserve
Questions? Contact the Athlete Program Manager.