REGIONAL PROGRAM 2019-20
Southeast Trial Registration: August 30 – September 11, 2019
Northwest Trial Registration: September 4-18, 2019
Island Trial Registration: September 18 – October 2, 2019
Interior Trial Registration: December 11, 2019 – January 8, 2020
*Registration opens and closes at NOON on the dates listed above
See Trials & Tournaments for trial dates, times and location by region.
See Training Schedules for training schedule by region (coming soon!)
- Interior (Okanagan & Kootenays)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, etc.)
Regional Program Levy
$600-700 for 40-hour program: field time, coach & manager honouraria, regional tournament, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri clothing, and education.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.
$400-500 for 20-hour program
- Target 40 hours from November to April
- Team Preparation and tactical strategies
- Fitness training, functional movement education, sport science, women in sport
- Game play
- Competition: Regional Tournament (spring)
- Preparation for Provincial Selection
This program is for athletes focused on continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development and participation in the spring Tournament.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3 to 4-day Regional Tournament (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability). The T2C Tournament runs from Thursday or Friday morning to Sunday evening which may require leave from school.
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U18 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
Girl’s Train 2 Compete U18 Team BC (Spring/Summer)
Selections – T2C Team BC Girls 2019
Reserve players participate in training only, unless called up to replace an injured BC athlete. Reserve players are part of Team Lions for training.
- 30 hours training May-July (see Training Schedules)
- India Club Tournament (excluding Island team)
- U18 National Championship Tournament (Tournament Schedule)
- Kukri Provincial gear
- April 17 selections announced
- April 24 levy and athlete agreement due
- June 21-24 India Club Tournament, Surrey
- July 3-8 U18 National Championship Tournament, Surrey, BC
$1650 Team BC athlete (Rams and Lions)
$1615 Team BC athlete (Stags)
$560 reserve players
Questions? Contact the Athlete Program Manager.