IMPORTANT: Memberships purchased at any point in the season
will aways and only be valid until August 31 of that same season.
Current season: July 1, 2021 – August 31, 2022
2021-22 Membership Fees (click on the chart to enlarge it):
Refunds: Once a Field Hockey BC member has actively participated in the current membership year, regardless of the extent of such participation, membership fees are regrettably not eligible for reimbursement nor eligible for proration. This applies to both Field Hockey BC and Field Hockey Canada fees that form the full field hockey membership registration fee. Such a policy has recently been reviewed by the FHBC Board of Directors and applied to COVID conditions with the decision that membership fees would only be reimbursed to those members who have not actively participated. Current memberships remain active until August 31, 2021.
Online registration opens July 1st, at which time you will be able to register for the 2020/2021 membership year. Once payment has been received, a confirmation email will be automatically sent to your primary email address and you will then be able to register with your club.
“Try it free” or “Taster Sessions”: Membership must be purchased if you are planning on participating in field hockey in BC, no matter how much/little and in any capacity (player, coach, Official etc). Designated “Try it Free” or “Taster Sessions”, designed to allow new participants to experience field hockey for the first time without the need to pay a membership fee, are an open option to Community Clubs. In this case, new participants are able to participate in up to a maximum of two designated “Try it Free” or “Taster Sessions” prior to registering for a formal Provincial (FHBC) and National (FHC) membership. The Club or organizing body in this case must let Field Hockey BC know of the intent to run such sessions, when and where they will take place, and submit the names of those participating or who have participated (dependent on when such detail is collected).
“Try it Free” or “Taster Sessions” cannot be associated with entry or participation in league play, competitive events, or festivals. “Try it Free” or “Taster Sessions” must be designated for purpose.
About Membership Registration
- Every field hockey player, coach and official is required to register ahead of participation. Each member will be required to pay membership fees for BOTH Field Hockey BC (FHBC) and Field Hockey Canada (FHC) unless otherwise stated.
- All individual memberships will involve an online registration process via the FHBC website. This will take care of both FHBC and FHC fees and these fees will not need to be considered as part of your annual club fee structure.
- Members only need register in ONE category.
- Some members may be players, coaches and/or officials and under these circumstances, members are required to register in their HIGHEST category.
- All members will be allocated a ‘FHBC/FHC member number’ upon registration that will act as their member number for life. Members are encouraged to make a note of their member number as they will require this for future registrations for membership, programs, courses and events.
- FHBC will send all registrations to each club following the registration deadline but we are asking clubs to incorporate the FHBC/FHC member number as part of the club registration process for ease of monitoring.
- The option to register will be open throughout the year with the membership year running September 1 – August 31.
Registrations may be made by an individual or a designated club or executive official**.
** Field Hockey BC offers the opportunity for Club and/or League Executives to nominate a central administrator who will have back end access to their restricted area of the ‘live’ database. Nominations for an administrator must be accompanied by a copy of the Club/League Executive Meeting Minutes that stipulate the name and position of the administrator. Nominations should be returned to Mark Saunders at email@example.com. A log-in and password will then be allocated to each administrator and the administrator only. Each Club/League Executive is responsible to ensure that access to their respective restricted area of the database is solely carried out through their nominated administrator and no other party.
Club/League administrators will also have the opportunity to bulk register their players should their Executive deem necessary. Prior notice to your members is required if bulk registration is in effect. When bulk registering, it is important that the administrator provides up to date information and above all accurate e-mail addresses. Bulk registrations will be done via a Template Excel Spreadsheet provided by FHBC. To receive the template for the current season, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the maximum financial transaction allowed at any one time is $3000.
Field Hockey BC is the Provincial Sports Organization (PSO) responsible for supporting Field Hockey in the province of British Columbia. In partnership with the National body Field Hockey Canada (FHC), Field Hockey BC provides opportunities for British Columbians to experience the challenges and rewards of the exciting sport of field hockey. Whether you are a player, official, coach, administrator or spectator, Field Hockey BC is committed to operating with integrity, openness and respect to ensure that our tradition of field hockey excellence is preserved in British Columbia and that our sport is open to people of all ages, skill levels and abilities.
What services can I expect from the FHBC Society with my annual membership?
- Infrastructure – Society Management – Operations and Governance
- Education, Certification and Professional Development for Coaches and Officials
- Athlete Development and Coach Mentorship Program – Regional Program (Girls) / Regional Program (Boys) / Provincial Program (Boys & Girls)
- Organisation of FHBC Events – Provincial, High Performance, Development, Club, Invitational (Incl VIT)
- Grassroots Development – Schools Program (Boys & Girls)
1. Communication (website and live database driven)
– Field Hockey Opportunities (athlete/coach/official/voluntary/professional development)
– Newsletters and Awards
– Media Coverage and Funding Opportunities
– Equipment and Apparel Supply (sport specific)
– Post Secondary Opportunities
– Club/League Opportunities
2. Partnerships (examples)
– Funding Partners
– Support Services (physiologists, athletic therapists, nutritionalists, psychologists)
3. Field Hockey Participation – Sanctioning of opportunities:
– Programs, Leagues, Tournaments, Events (direct and indirect opportunities)
– Member Insurance Coverage
4. Developing field hockey in outlying areas
– Logistical support and programming (championship hosting, coach and athlete programs)
Long-Term Vision – Capital Plan
- Partnerships with National and International Governing Bodies (FHC and FIH)
- Support for International Events / Support for NSO Championships and Initiatives
- The creation of a Foundation for Sports Development (financial and operational sustainability)
- Field Hockey Centre of Excellence in BC
- Sport Specific Foundation – Long-term financial model with a self-sufficiency base
Value Added Services
- Partnerships with Club and School Structure
- Grassroots (schools program, girls give back initiative)
- Coaching (coach education and mentorship program)
- Officiating (umpire education and professional development program)