The application deadline for this position has been extended to Sunday, November 15. You can access the PDF version of this document here.
FHBC Board of Directors – Community Recruitment Notice
Vacant Position of Coaching Director
Dear Field Hockey BC Members,
On behalf of the Field Hockey BC (FHBC) Board of Directors, I am writing to inform BC stakeholders that there is an exciting opportunity for an individual to apply for consideration to become a voluntary member of the FHBC Board of Directors. The Board Member vacancy is in the position of Coaching Director, a position that provides for Society leadership and oversight across both the coach development and coach education portfolio. The FHBC Board of Directors are keen to consider the appointment of a Coaching Director to take on the reins for this portfolio for the remainder of the current term (to February 2022 when this position is next due for election).
A summary of the duties of the Coaching Director is as follows:
- Provide strategic and policy oversight targeted at the promotion of formal coach education course delivery (NCCP) and other instructional activities throughout BC for the development of coaches;
- Promote and encourage the development and circulation of instructional materials for coaches (professional development for coaches);
- Assess the strategic merit in offering a formal provincial coach mentorship and coach talent identification pathway;
- Serve as a member of the Board of Directors, be a member in good standing of the Society, and wherever possible:
- Attend all FHBC Board Meetings;
- Attend the FHBC AGM (held in the calendar month of February annually).
And through the recruitment and support of a Coaching Standing Committee:
- Assist in the development of a strategy to recruit people into coaching;
- Provide coaches with up-to-date coaching resources;
- Implement the mandatory coach certification levels, as appropriate;
- Consider innovative ways in which to further the coach educational learning experience;
- Consider a mentoring and talent identification process/program within FHBC programming;
- Ensure that coaches are duly recognized (coaching awards).
I would very much like to invite anyone interested in this role to return an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Coaching Director” by a deadline date of November 15, 2020. Such an expression of interest should include a brief statement as to your motivation for consideration, your background, qualifications and/or experience in the field of coaching and what excites you about this opportunity. I very much thank you for your due consideration and assistance in moving this portfolio forward.
Yours in sport,
Field Hockey BC
October 23, 2020