You can access the PDF version of this statement here.
Due to an ongoing environmental analysis as a result of COVID-19, Field Hockey BC is currently working with 3 potential planning windows in order to complete the 2019-20 Regional Program and the associated Athlete Talent Identification cycle. The three proposed timelines are outlined below:
• Training Program to resume beginning of July 2020 (2-4 training sessions prior to event)
• Regional Talent ID Events – held between July 11 – July 30
• Training Program to resume at the end of July 2020 (2-4 training sessions prior to event)
• Regional Talent ID Events – held between August 4 – August 20
• Training Program to resume Mid-August 2020 (2-4 training sessions prior to event)
• Regional Talent ID Events – held between August 18 – September 4
FHBC continues to carefully monitor the COVID-19 situation, and, as a result, plans may have to change to adhere and align to both government and municipal regulations in place. The intention is to initially aim for Window #1, pushing back to Window #2 or #3 as may be required due to environmental factors. Should FHBC be unable to host event- based talent identification peaks during any of these three windows (due to COVID-19 group and/or travel restriction), a talent identification training program is proposed to take place by regional geographical center during a similar calendar time-frame.