In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and following public health recommendations from the Provincial and Federal Government, Field Hockey BC staff will be working remotely until further notice.
We will continue to provide support to our members via email, so please do not hesitate to reach out with any inquiries you might have.
FHBC would like to remind you that the Train to Compete Regional Girls Championship in Duncan April 2-5, 2020, is suspended, as well as all in-person educational courses and meetings. Our online Community Umpire course remains open.
Field Hockey BC is currently considering a COVID-19 response to all of its planned programs, events, and services for the spring and summer. Updates to this effect will be made in the days and weeks to come. Please, stay patient whilst we all work through this challenging time.
Here you can access the latest advisory from the Canadian Sport medicine Advisory Committee.
Further information about the novel coronavirus is available on the BC Centre for Disease Control website.
Please stay safe and healthy, and remember the recommendations for reducing the risk of exposure to novel coronavirus:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Practice other good hygiene habits: do not touch your face/eyes/mouth with your hands and cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough (ideally with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched workspace surfaces
- Maintain good general health (eat a balanced diet, get enough sleep, exercise in moderation)
- At this point, stay home as much as possible
- Contact 8-1-1 (HealthLink BC) or your health care provider for questions about your personal health situation