Girl’s Train 2 Compete U18 Team BC (Spring/Summer)
Selections – see Athlete Program Documents – Selections
Julie King, Head Coach U18 Girls BC Rams
Dani Hennig, Assistant Coach U18 Girls BC Rams
Krista Thompson, Head Coach U18 Girls BC Stags
Ali Lee, Assistant Coach U18 Girls BC Stags
Bubli Chohan, Head Coach U18 Girls BC Lions
- 30 hours training May-July (see Training Schedules)
- India Club Tournament
- U18 National Championship Tournament
- Kukri training top and uniform
Key Dates in 2017
- Saturday, May 13 at Richmond Oval (mainland teams)
- June 23-26 India Club Tournament, Surrey
- July 17-25 U18 National Championship Tournament, Surrey
Boys & Girls U18 National Championships July 17-25
Tamawanis Park, Surrey
The levy includes: field time, coach & manager honouraria, tournament entry, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri Team BC clothing, RESPECT T-shirt, Sport Science, Functional Movement Assessments, and Concussion Workshop.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.
Athlete Eligibility for 2016-2017: Female athletes born in 1999, 2000, 2001 who live (or attend school) within one of the FHBC Regions:
- Interior (Okanagan & Kootenays)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, etc.)
T2C Regional Program Levy
$730 (Lower Mainland and Island) 40 hours
$360 (Interior) 30 hours
- Target 40 hours from November to April
- Team Preparation and Tactical Strategies
- Fitness training, functional movement education, sport science, women in sport
- Game play
- Competition during the Regional Tournament (spring)
This program is for athletes focused on continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development and participation in the spring Tournament.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3-day Regional Tournament (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability).
The T2C Tournament runs from Friday morning to Sunday evening which may require leave from school.
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U18 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections to Team BC are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
Please see Trials & Tournaments