Athlete Eligibility for 2016-2017: Female athletes born in 1999, 2000, 2001 who live (or attend school) within one of the FHBC Regions:
- Interior (Okanagan & Kootenays)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, etc.)
T2C Regional Program Levy
$730 (Lower Mainland and Island) 40 hours
$360 (Interior) 30 hours
- Target 40 hours from November to April
- Team Preparation and Tactical Strategies
- Fitness training, functional movement education, sport science, women in sport
- Game play
- Competition during the Regional Tournament (spring)
This program is for athletes interested in continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development and participation in a spring Tournament.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3-day Regional Tournament (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability).
The T2C Tournament runs from Friday morning to Sunday evening which may require leave from school.
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U18 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections to Team BC are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
Please see Trials & Tournaments
Girl’s Train 2 Compete U18 Team BC (Spring/Summer)
Eligible athletes b. 1999, 2000, 2001
Provincial athletes are selected from the Regional program.
- 30 hours training May-July
- India Club Tournament (June)
- U18 National Championship Tournament
- Kukri training top and uniform
Key Dates in 2017
- Saturday, May 13 at Richmond Oval (mainland teams)
- May 26-28 TBC – Island teams
- June 23-25 India Club Tournament, Surrey
- July 17-25 U18 National Championship Tournament, Surrey
Boys & Girls U18 National Championships July 17-25
Tamawanis Park, Surrey
Island teams will stay in accommodation in the Surrey area.
Accommodation will not be organized for Mainland teams. Mainland teams with Island/Interior players will be asked to consider billeting.
The levy includes: field time, coach & manager honouraria, tournament entry, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri Team BC clothing, RESPECT T-shirt, Sport Science, Functional Movement Assessments, and Concussion Workshop.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.