Girl’s Train 2 Compete U18 Team BC (Spring/Summer)
2018 PROVINCIAL TEAMS:
(Athlete Headshots & Bios coming soon!)
SELECTIONS – Female Train 2 Compete Team BC 2018
Teams of 16 players (including Goal Keeper). Reserve players participate in training only, unless called up to replace an injured BC athlete.
- 30 hours training May-July (see Training Schedules)
- India Club Tournament
- U18 National Championship Tournament
- Kukri Provincial gear
Key Dates in 2018
- April 18 selections announced
- April 27 deposit due
- May 13 at Richmond Oval Fitness Testing & Education
- June 22-25 India Club Tournament, Surrey
- July (dates TBC) U18 National Championship Tournament, Toronto, Ont. (teams will play 3-5 days)
$1000 deposit due April 27
$610 for reserve players
$3500 approximate levy per athlete
Please see Athlete Program Documents – 2018 National Championship Information
REGIONAL PROGRAM 2017-18
*information about the 2018-19 Regional Program will be provided in August
Trial registration & dates: See Trials & Tournaments
Athlete Eligibility for 2017-2018: Female athletes born in 2000, 2001, 2002 who live (or attend school) in one of the FHBC Regions:
- Interior (Okanagan & Kootenays)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, etc.)
T2C Regional Program Levy
$680 for 40-hour program: field time, coach & manager honouraria, regional tournament, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri clothing, and education.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.
$420 for 20-hour program (Interior only)
- Target 40 hours from November to April
- Team Preparation and tactical strategies
- Fitness training, functional movement education, sport science, women in sport
- Game play
- Competition: Regional Tournament (spring)
- Preparation for Provincial Selection
This program is for athletes focused on continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development and participation in the spring Tournament.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3-day Regional Tournament (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability).
The T2C Tournament runs from Friday morning to Sunday evening which may require leave from school.
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U18 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
Please see Trials & Tournaments
Questions? Please contact the Athlete Program Manager