Eligible athletes: boys and girls born 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 who have some prior experience playing field hockey.
The registration deadline was Wednesday, April 5 @noon.
- 15-20 hours of on-field training with certified FHBC coaches
- Participation and fun game-play (5-a-side) in the FHBC L2T Festival
Saturday, April 8 @2:30pm at UVic (Victoria athletes only)
Saturday, April 8 @6pm at Tamanawis Park, Surrey (Southeast)
Sunday, April 9 @4.30pm at Eric Hamber, Vancouver (Northwest)
Sunday, April 9 @6pm at Cowichan Sportsplex (Duncan athletes)
The L2T Program is offered to athletes who live or attend school in the following regions:
- Northwest (Vancouver, West and North Vancouver)
- Training at Eric Hamber in Vancouver and Rutledge, Ambleside Park in West Vancouver
- Southeast (Richmond, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, Abbotsford and surrounding areas)
- Training at Tamanawis Park in Surrey
- Island (Victoria and Duncan)
- Training at UVic and Cowichan Sportsplex
There is 1 training session every week. For exact dates and times, please see your region’s Training Schedule.
Festival: Saturday, July 8 at Cowichan Sportsplex
The program culminates with a fun 5-a-side tournament with professional uniforms, coaches, officials and more!
Check out our Facebook page to see pictures from past years!
Northwest: Breanne Smart
Southeast: Alicia Pereira
Island: Krista Thompson
Program Fee 2017: $388
The fees include turf time, coach & manager honouraria, equipment, Kukri uniform and all Festival costs. Program fees do not cover the cost of food or accommodation.
If you have further questions about the program, contact the FHBC Athlete Program Manager.