Eligible athletes for the Fall Learn 2 Train Program 2019-20:
boys and girls born 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 who have some prior experience playing field hockey.
Registration: opens 2 weeks before programs start
Program duration: 10 sessions between October-March, 1 session per week, sessions 60-120 min. typically Sunday evenings
Fields: Tamanawis, Hamber, Rutledge, UVIC, Duncan *based on athlete registration
# of training hours: target 15-20 hours
- There is no trial for this program. Payment taken upon registration
- 15-20 hours of on-field training with certified FHBC coaches
- Each session up to 1.5 hours in duration
- Possible training locations: Tamanawis (Surrey), Hamber (Vancouver), Rutledge (West Van), UVIC (Victoria), Cowichan Sportsplex (Duncan)
Program Fee: $200 (may fluctuate based on the # of registered athletes)
The fees include turf time, coach & manager honouraria and apparel, medical supplies, equipment and FHBC contribution.
The L2T Program is offered to athletes who live or attend school in the following regions:
- Training at Eric Hamber in Vancouver and Tamanawis Park in Surrey
- Island (Victoria and Duncan)
- Training at UVic and Cowichan Sportsplex
Coaches are announced at the start of the program
If you have further questions about the program, contact the FHBC Athlete Program Manager.