REGIONAL PROGRAM 2018-19
Trial registration & dates: See Trials & Tournaments
- Interior (Okanagan & Kootenays)
- Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey, etc.)
Regional Program Levy
$600-700 for 40-hour program: field time, coach & manager honouraria, regional tournament, equipment & medical supplies, Kukri clothing, and education.
Levy does not include food or accommodation.
$400-500 for 20-hour program
- Target 40 hours from November to April
- Team Preparation and tactical strategies
- Fitness training, functional movement education, sport science, women in sport
- Game play
- Competition: Regional Tournament (spring)
- Preparation for Provincial Selection
This program is for athletes focused on continuous, committed, high performance technical skill development and participation in the spring Tournament.
- 30-40 hours training on Fridays and/or Sunday nights for a 1.5-2 hour session
- Fitness education, testing (Yo-Yo test) and Injury Prevention Programs
- Technical skills instruction
- 3-day Regional Tournament (subject to athletes meeting program requirements of attendance, fitness and ability).
The T2C Tournament runs from Friday morning to Sunday evening which may require leave from school.
- Provincial athlete identification to represent BC at the U18 National Championship Tournament (July)
- Selections are announced by the Wednesday following the selection point. Provincial training (30 hours) typically runs from May to July. National Championships are typically held in late-July.
Please see Trials & Tournaments
Girl’s Train 2 Compete U18 Team BC (Spring/Summer)
Selections – T2C Team BC Girls 2019
Reserve players participate in training only, unless called up to replace an injured BC athlete. Reserve players are part of Team Lions for training.
- 30 hours training May-July (see Training Schedules)
- India Club Tournament (excluding Island team)
- U18 National Championship Tournament
- Kukri Provincial gear
- April 17 selections announced
- April 24 levy and athlete agreement due
- June 21-24 India Club Tournament, Surrey
- July 3-8 U18 National Championship Tournament, Surrey, BC
$1650 Team BC athlete (Rams and Lions)
$1615 Team BC athlete (Stags)
$560 reserve players
Questions? Please contact the Athlete Program Manager