The 2017 Regional Train 2 Compete Championships were held from April 21st-23rd at UBC’s Wright Field. It was a great weekend full of some exciting field hockey! Thank you to all the athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators.Continue reading
The 2017 Boys and Girls Regional T2C Tournament got underway this morning at UBC ‘Wright Field’ and runs throughout the weekend. 150 of the top Regional T2C players are competing at this talent identification peak, for potential selection to the Provincial Team BC program this Spring and Summer.Continue reading
The Boys & Girls Learn 2 Train (U13) Spring Program is a weekly training program for athletes born 2004-2007. The program will begin the weekend of April 8th and culminate in a fun Festival on July 8th-9th. Registration is open until April 5th.Continue reading
Field Hockey BC will host the first National Championship Festival involving both male and female divisions at U15, U18, and U23. The Championships will take place in the City of Surrey and utilize the first class water-based field hockey facilities at Tamanawis Park.Continue reading
Eligible athletes: boys and girls born 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 who have some prior experience playing field hockey.
The registration deadline was Wednesday, April 5 @noon.
- 15-20 hours of on-field training with certified FHBC coaches
- Participation and fun game-play (5-a-side) in the FHBC L2T Festival
Saturday, April 8 @2:30pm at UVic (Victoria athletes only)
Saturday, April 8 @6pm at Tamanawis Park, Surrey (Southeast)
Sunday, April 9 @4.30pm at Eric Hamber, Vancouver (Northwest)
Sunday, April 9 @6pm at Cowichan Sportsplex (Duncan athletes)
The L2T Program is offered to athletes who live or attend school in the following regions:
- Northwest (Vancouver, West and North Vancouver)
- Training at Eric Hamber in Vancouver and Rutledge, Ambleside Park in West Vancouver
- Southeast (Richmond, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, Abbotsford and surrounding areas)
- Training at Tamanawis Park in Surrey
- Island (Victoria and Duncan)
- Training at UVic and Cowichan Sportsplex
There is 1 training session every week. For exact dates and times, please see your region’s Training Schedule.
The program culminates with a fun 5-a-side tournament with professional uniforms, coaches, officials and more! The 2017 Festival will be hosted on July 8th (location TBC). More information to follow!
Check out our Facebook page to see pictures from past years!
Northwest: Breanne Smart
Southeast: Alicia Pereira
Island: Krista Thompson
Program Fee 2017: $388
The fees include turf time, coach & manager honouraria, equipment, Kukri uniform and all Festival costs. Program fees do not cover the cost of food or accommodation.
If you have further questions about the program, contact the FHBC Athlete Program Manager.
Field Hockey Canada’s Men’s National Program has named the Senior Men’s National Team and Development Squad rosters for the 2017 year.Continue reading
A reminder to all North Van student-athletes. Registration for 2017/18 Field Hockey academy is NOW until March 3rd! Continue reading
29 BC Athletes have been named to the 2017 Canadian Women’s Senior Squad, Senior Development Squad, & Junior Development Squad!Continue reading
Southeast T2T Regional training is cancelled for Friday Dec 16th due to consistent forecasts of low temperatures and snow in Surrey!Continue reading
Regional Girls Training Schedules 2016-2017
- Academy Training Schedule 2016-2017
- Island Schedules (T2T & T2C Victoria & Duncan)
- Interior T2T (U15) & T2C (U18) Schedule
- Northwest T2T (U15) Schedule
- Southeast T2T (U15) & T2C (U18) Schedule
Regional Boys Training Schedules 2016-2017
Learn 2 Train Schedules 2017
Provincial Program Schedules May-July 2017
- Saturday, May 13 @Richmond Oval (Education, Fitness, & more!)
- 8:30-12:30 T2T U15 mainland teams
- 1:00-5:00pm T2C U18 mainland teams
- Venue & date TBC ISLAND (Education, Fitness, & more!)
- Island teams (T2T & T2C)
The following schedules will be released shortly:
- Train 2 Train (U15) Boys & Girls
- Train 2 Compete (U18) Boys & Girls
- Learn 2 Win (U23) – Men & Women
Provincial schedules will be finalized when team selections are made. The schedules will consider a) field availability b) athlete residence and team make-up c) long weekends & club championships d) indoor accessibility